Thursday, January 30, 2014

For a little bit of positivity.

I am such a cranky pregnant woman.  My poor husband puts up with all of it with a smile and a hug because he knows I don't mean it (later... in the moment, I totally do).

So, I figured today I would do something different and focus on the positives.  I'm sure this will last for about 30 minutes, or until the first tantrum of the day.  Whichever comes first.

  • I adore the fact that Toddler Cub will scramble into a recliner as soon as I get up.  He loves stealing someone else's chair; it makes him feel accomplished in life.  I envy that sort of simplistic view on life.
  • Couches are an amazing invention.  I can lay down, feel like crap, and I still have plenty of room to snuggle my son when he crawls over for some affection.  Being an affectionate kid, this happens a lot.
  • There's something about him making car noises when playing with trains that just warms my heart.
  • I love throw blankets.  Winter gives me the opportunity to use the ones I've hoarded all year.
  • I am really lucky that Toddler Cub doesn't need food as soon as he wakes up.  He would rather steal some chairs, cuddle, nurse, and run around a bit before settling down to pig out.  Or feed the dog.  Some mornings, it all goes to the dog.
  • Toddler Cub is a very quiet child, so it's easy to just sit back and relax.  I'm sure this will be changing soon.
  • My dog loves me with every fiber of her little doggy being, and man does that make me feel awesome.
  • My cat loves me when she wants something.   She has me wrapped around her dainty cat paw because instead of being offended, I think aww, what a gooooooooood kitty, what a sweet widdle kitty caaaaaat, let me wub dose widdle kittay eeeeearssssss, wutagudkittyyyyyyyyyy.  I'm a wreck.
  • I'm so glad I'm not hungry when I first get up, either.  I like being able to relax before making it into the kitchen.  Some people call this laziness.  I tend to agree with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;