Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The case of the meddling in-laws.

As some of you are aware, I have issues with my in-laws.  My mother-in-law, specifically.  This isn't an unusual situation to be in... Unfortunately.

However, I have found that I have less and less desire to announce my pregnancy because of this reason.  My father-in-law, while sweet, has staunch opinions on whether we should have another child.  My mother-in-law tends to obsess over my son as it is, so I'm not looking forward to the entitlement that will follow a second.  My stepfather-in-law, however, is great.

As for my family -- well, I'm thinking of sending them a card.  I don't really want to announce to them, either.

While we could care less of the opinions of family members, it still puts a damper on the idea of announcing our pregnancy.  With our first, we were excited and told everybody as soon as we peed on the stick.  (I know; I can hear the cringing!  You don't have to tell me.)  Aside from my parents, we had a pretty positive reaction from all.  It is a little sad to know that we won't have the same reaction for our second.

With that said, I'm wondering if I should just wait for the birth announcement.  Haha.  Just kidding.  Maybe.

I have found myself to be highly disappointed at the idea that family members can be so rude about what you do with yours.  If you're on your "disappointing" first, second, third, fourth, fifth, or higher pregnancy -- I just want to tell you, "Congratulations!"  Because it is a blessing.  Always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;